O Jesus, use your power to cleanse me.
Picture Jesus in the synagogue.
Rejected by the people of Nazareth, Jesus establishes His new base at Capernaum. The people receive Him and upon entering the synagogue, He casts out an unclean spirit. The people praise Him and spread his fame throughout the whole region.
Gospel Text: (Read slowly, possibly aloud.)
Thoughts: (Read all. Ponder those that attract you.)
- The people sense Jesus’ authority in the power of His teaching.
- Jesus’ holiness forces the unclean spirit to reveal himself. He will soon lose his hold upon the man.
- Satan’s keen intellect sees quickly. Jesus is the Holy One and He can destroy the devil.
- The devil is powerless. He throws the man to the floor but that is all he can do. The man is free forever.
- The people were already in awe. After seeing Jesus’ cast out the demon, their enthusiasm spills over to the whole countryside.
Affections: (When one touches your heart, use your own words.)
- O Jesus, I see your power and authority. You are the Christ.
- O Jesus, cleanse and purify. Set me free of my hidden evils.
- Jesus, You are the Holy One who comes to save not to destroy.
- Set me free, Jesus, and I will be free forever.
- I will tell everyone of your power. You can free them also.
- Jesus, set the whole world free from the Evil One.
Resolution: (Possibly you might want to make your own.)
+ I will bring to Jesus all my inner evils.
+ I will seek the freedom given to the children of God.
Thought for the Day: (To recall your meditation.)
He commands the unclean spirits with authority and power.