Prayer: – O Lord, I am blind and cannot see. Open my eyes to your Kingdom.
Imagination: – (Picture Jesus speaking with his disciples.)
Jesus continues to instruct his disciples. They are blind and if they do not listen to him they will remain blind. Even worse, they will be blind to their own gigantic faults, while trying to remove faults in others.
Gospel Text: (Read slowly, possibly aloud).
Jesus spoke to his disciples in images. Can a blind man guide a blind man? Will they both not fall into a ditch? The disciple is not above his master but he will be perfect if he becomes like his master.
Why look at the splinter in your brother’s eye and miss the plank in your own? How can you say, “Brother, let me remove the splinter in your eye, and you do not see the plank in your own. Hypocrite, cast out first the plank in your own eye. Then you shall see clearly how to remove the splinter in your brother’s eye.”
Thoughts: (Read all. Ponder the ones that attract you.)
6. Without Jesus, we are all blind.
7. We even join with others who are also blind. We make mistakes and fall into the pit together.
8. Although blinded by our faults, we act like someone who sees clearly.
9. Fortunately, our blindness can be healed. Jesus must be the teacher and we, his disciples.
10. If we listen to Jesus, he will remove our faults. Then, we will see perfectly. What a gift!
Affections: (When one touches your heart, use your own words.)
7. O Jesus, I am blind. I do not see. I do not understand. I choose poorly.
8. Jesus, give me your words. They give light to my soul.
9. I will be like you, always choosing the Kingdom and setting aside the world.
10. What gigantic planks I have in my eye. Remove them all, Jesus.
11. Freed of my blindness, I will help others. We will all see you and live in the light.
12. O Jesus, my days of being blind are over! Thank you.
Resolutions: (Possibly you might want to make your own.)
3. All during this day, I will ask for Jesus’ light in every decision.
4. I will realize my own blindness.
Thought for the Day: (To recall your meditation)
The disciple will be perfect when he becomes like his master.