Come, Holy Spirit. Lead me this day to your divine appointment.
Picture Simeon praising God with Jesus in his arms and prophesying to the Blessed Mother.
After forty days, Mary and Joseph fulfill the Mosaic Law by presenting Jesus in the temple. Surprisingly, Simeon appears on the scene. Luke says that the Holy Spirit was with Simeon, revealed the future to him and led him into the temple.
Gospel Text: (Read slowly, possibly aloud.)
Thoughts: (Read all. Ponder those that attract you.)
- Simeon totally dedicated his life to God.
- He is just, devout and awaiting the consolation of Israel.
- Even more important, the Spirit of God is upon him.
- The Spirit had spoken to him promising that he would see the Messiah.
- He receives his promised gift, seeing and holding the Messiah.
- He prophesies the sword of sorrow that will pierce the Blessed Mother’s Heart.
Affections: (When one touches your heart, use your own words.)
- O God, let me be a solace to the heart of the Blessed Mother.
- O Jesus, let your Spirit guide me in all distress.
- When your Spirit speaks, I will listen. When He leads, I will follow.
- Jesus, someday I will see you and hold you.
Resolutions: (Possibly you might want to make your own.)
+ With God’s help, I will be just and devout today and open to the Holy Spirit.
+ Today, I will open my heart to the heart of the Blessed Mother.
Thought for the Day: (To recall your meditation.)
On this day, let the Spirit touch our hearts.