O Lord, call me to be your child of light.
Picture Jesus teaching the crowds.
This text contains three separate sayings of Jesus. The first saying envisions a Greek home with a light welcoming visitor. The second sentence points out that nothing is secret to God, all will be revealed. The third sentence describes a person who is receptive to God’s word, and will receive more, and a person who will lose what little faith he has.
Gospel Text: (Read slowly, possibly aloud).
Thoughts: (Read all. Ponder the ones that attract you.)
- Jesus describes three different situations.
- A person filled with faith should not hide his light but make it available so others will live by faith.
- A person who has dark secrets must learn to remove that darkness. God knows his evil and it will be revealed to all.
- A person must hear God’s word and receive it correctly, so he can receive more.
- Unless he safeguards the word, he will lose even what he has.
Affections (When one touches your heart, use your own words.)
- Jesus, light the candle in my heart.
- Let my lamp lead others to you.
- Remove all darkness within me. Bring all my secrets into your light.
- I will treasure your word. It is your great gift.
- Let me receive your word and hold it securely.
- What a mystery. If I receive, then I get even more. Only you can be so generous.
Resolutions: (Possibly you might want to make your own.)
+ This day, I will walk in God’s light.
+ I will root out the dark powers within me.
Thought for the Day: (To recall your meditation.)
There is nothing hidden that will not be revealed.