O Jesus fill me with faith in all that you can do.
Picture Jesus with the Centurion.
This Gentile centurion is the great model of faith. He believed that Jesus could heal at a distance (unheard of in Judaism). Even Jesus proclaims his extraordinary faith.
Gospel Text: (Read slowly, possibly aloud.)
Thoughts: (Read all. Ponder the ones that attract you.)
- The centurion has complete and total faith in Jesus’ power to heal.
- Jesus also is totally aware of his powers. He proclaims “I will come and heal him.”
- The centurion is extraordinary for his great humility (I am not worthy) and for his faith that Jesus could heal at a distance.
- Jesus proclaims that He has never seen Jewish people with that level of belief.
- Jesus predicts that many Gentiles will enter the Kingdom by having the same faith.
Affections: (When one touches your heart, use your own words.)
- O Jesus, I will come to you in all my needs.
- O Jesus, you can accomplish all things. Nothing limits your power.
- Jesus, I too, am not worthy but you will act in my soul.
- Your Kingdom is open to all. The whole world is invited.
- Just speak your word, Jesus, and I will be healed.
- O Jesus, place great faith in my heart.
Resolutions: (Possibly you might want to make your own.)
+ Today I will bring to Jesus whatever needs to be healed – my body, my soul, my relationships, my memories.
+ I will have great desires to be at Jesus’ banquet.
Thought for the Day: (To recall your meditation.)
I have not found such great faith in all of Israel.