O Jesus, teach me compassion and forgiveness to improve my relationships with others.
Picture Jesus teaching His disciples not to judge.
Jesus praised the meek and the peacemakers. In these words, Jesus explains how to fulfill those roles. Not to judge other disciples is meekness and to remove your own faults is to make peace.
Gospel Text: (Read slowly, possibly aloud.)
Thoughts: (Read all. Ponder the ones that attract you.)
- Because this issue is so important, Jesus goes into great detail.
- “Brother” means a fellow-believer. Disciples should have a loving relationship with each other.
- Judging others destroys compassion and unity.
- Seeing the faults of others, blinds the disciple to his own greater failings.
- Jesus wants his disciple to stop judging and to start cleansing his own soul.
- Once purified, he can purify others.
Affections: (When one touches your heart, use your own words.)
- O Jesus, how falsely I judge others.
- Remove my critical spirit.
- Let me excuse the faults of others, not magnify them.
- Fill me with your compassion and mercy.
- If I do not judge, you will not judge me.
- Make me a little child, O Jesus, who sees goodness in every person.
Resolutions: (Possibly you might want to make your own.)
+ Look at your relationships. What can you do to improve them?
+ Seek a child-like spirit that overlooks evil.
Thought for the day: (To recall your meditation.)
Do not judge, so you will not be judged.