O Jesus, use your great power to bless ME.
Picture Jesus with the disciples and the crowds.
In this text, Jesus meets two enemies. They agree that Jesus worked these miracles and cast out Satan. Some question the source of his power and others want a heavenly sign. Jesus destroys their arguments and claims he is stronger than Satan.
Gospel Text: (Read slowly, possibly aloud.)
Thoughts: (Read all. Ponder the ones that attract you.)
- People use many excuses to reject Jesus. They question his powers or they demand signs.
- Jesus answers their question. To think that Satan casts out Satan is ridiculous. Satan is too intelligent to divide his house.
- What a powerful image! God only needs his finger to conquer Satan.
- If Jesus casts out Satan, then the entire Kingdom of God is present.
- Jesus describes the present situation. Satan is heavily armed and keeps secure possession of the whole world.
- Soon, however, all that will change. Jesus is stronger and better armed. Soon, he will over throw Satan and set us free.
Affections: (When one touches your heart, use your own words.)
- Jesus, your powers are true, able to save me and free me.
- O Jesus, cast out all that is dark and satanic in me.
- Let the finger of God come upon me.
- O Jesus, Satan binds all, and controls all. How I need you!
- You have all power. You are fully armed with the Holy Spirit.
- You break open and set free. Come, Jesus. I await you.
Resolutions: (Possibly you might want to make your own.)
+ Every day, I will ask Jesus to break the demonic powers that bind me.
+ I will avoid all occult involvement.