O Jesus, plant your Kingdom in my heart.
Picture Jesus teaching the crowds.
Jesus uses two parables concerning seeds to show the power of the Kingdom. In the first parable, the farmer does nothing but “go to bed.” In the second parable, the tiniest seed produces the “largest of trees.”
Gospel Text: (Read slowly, possibly aloud.)
Thoughts: (Read all. Ponder those that attract you.)
- Jesus explains great mysteries by using images that people easily understand.
- The farmer does two things. He just plants the seed and he harvests the crop.
- He does not even understand the important part of the process (the seed growing). He just goes to bed.
- Meanwhile, the seeds grow perfectly according to the right stages of blade, ear and wheat.
- The mustard seed contains the same mystery. What a difference between the small beginning and the final result. No one does anything. They do not even harvest it.
Affections: (When one touches your heart, use your own words.)
- O Jesus, your teaching is easy to understand.
- Lord, open my heart to your Kingdom and allow it to grow within me.
- O Jesus, the abundance comes from the powerful Kingdom that you gave me in Baptism.
- Only your Kingdom gives my life its full purpose.
- How much I will accomplish if I allow your seeds to grow!
- If I yield to your Kingdom, You will bless many others.
Resolutions: (Possibly you might want to make your own)
+ I will totally trust the power of the Kingdom.
+ I will believe that God wants to accomplish great things through me.