Lord Jesus, if you choose me, I will serve you with all my heart.
Picture Jesus with his disciples and the crowds.
This text has 3 different scenes. First, Jesus is alone in prayer. Second, he is with his disciples. Third, he comes down the mountain and the crowds join him. Each scene has an important teaching.
Gospel Text: (Read slowly, possibly aloud.)
Thoughts: (Read all. Ponder the ones that attract you.)
- Jesus was always in communion with his Father, but he climbed the mountain to spend hours in prayer.
- His prayer helps him to he make a vital decision, choosing twelve disciples to be his inner circle of apostles.
- At the lower level are more disciples and the crowds. These, too, will be blessed according to their capacity.
- The crowds have heard the stories. Filled with enthusiasm, they bring their sick.
- God’s power goes forth from Jesus’ humanity. Just touching him caused great healings.
Affections: (When one touches your heart, use your own words.)
- Jesus, teach me to pray. Give me the gift of communing with the Father.
- Let all my decisions come from prayer.
- Lord, call me to your side. Make me your special friend.
- Jesus, speak to my heart. Make me attentive. I want to hear you.
- I know all your healing stories, Jesus. I come to you in faith.
- Let me touch you. That is enough. Power will go forth and I will be made new.
Resolutions: (Possibly you might want to make your own.)
+ I will make time for prayer today.
+ I will ask Jesus to give me tasks for his glory.
Thought for the Day: (To recall your meditation.)
Power went out from him which healed all.