O Jesus, you are the true Bread of Life.
Picture Jesus teaching the crowds.
In their debate with Jesus, the crowd talks about the great sign of manna which God sent to Moses and the Israelites. (Ex 16:4) Jesus uses this Old Testament story to reveal that the manna came from his Father.
Gospel Text: (Read slowly, possibly aloud.)
Thoughts: (Read all. Ponder the ones that attract you.)
- In the desert, the manna sustained human life for a short time.
- Now, the Father will give His Son, the Word made Flesh. This food grants eternal life.
- Although the crowd asks for this heavenly bread, they have no idea of what it is.
- First, they must believe in Jesus and come to him.
- To whoever comes, Jesus will give everlasting life. This is the Father’s plan.
Affections: (When one touches your heart, use your own words.)
- Heavenly Father, you have always sustained your creatures.
- Every blessing comes from Your hands.
- O Father, your greatest gift is Jesus, your only-begotten Son.
- O Jesus, give me the bread that comes down from heaven.
- O Jesus, hold me in your hands.
- Call me and I will come. Keep me and I will never stray.
Resolutions: (Possibly you might want to make your own.)
+ I will not delay any longer. This day, I will come to Jesus.
+ I will let him hold me. I will not walk away from his grasp.
Thought for the Day (To recall your meditation.)
“I will lose nothing but will raise him up on the last day.”