O Jesus, to you I give all I have.
Picture Jesus in the temple with his disciples.
This gospel joins two different people linked by the word widow. The scribes want everyone to see their goodness while secretly they steal widow’s money. The widow, on the contrary, gives her money in secret. She is the saving hope of Israel.
Gospel Text: (Read slowly, possibly aloud.)
Thoughts: (Read all. Ponder the ones that attract you.)
- Jesus sees deeper than the surface actions.
- He knows what happens in each one’s heart.
- The rich give from abundance. Their hearts are still attached to their wealth.
- The widow is different. She is attached only to God. She empties herself and trusts in God.
- She is an image of Jesus. In a few days, he will lay down his life for the world.
Affections: (When one touches your heart, use your own words.)
- Jesus, do not let my heart grow hardened.
- Do not allow money to rob me of your Kingdom.
- Remove my hypocrisy. Purify my inmost desires.
- Give me an inner truth always loyal and generous to you.
- Detach me from my wealth. Let me not cling to my possessions. Empty me.
- I give you everything. Nothing will come between us.
Resolutions: (Possibly you might want to make your own.)
+ I will examine my use of money.
+ I will be totally honest and sincere in all my financial dealings.
Thought for the Day: (To recall your meditation.)
She has given from her need. All she had to live on.