Prayer: O Jesus, reveal to me the mysteries of the Kingdom.
Imagination: (Picture Jesus explaining to his disciples the mystery of parables.)
All the gospels speak of “insiders” (the disciples) and “outsiders” (those who have not yet accepted Jesus and his Kingdom). Jesus has offered to these outsiders, (called “Them”) the Kingdom but they have not received it. Therefore, they will not hold on to the little faith that they do have.
Gospel Text: (Read slowly, possibly aloud.)
His disciples asked Jesus, “Why do you speak to them in parables? Jesus answered, “Because to know the mysteries of the Kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but to them it has not been given. To anyone who has, more will be given and he will grow rich. From anyone who has not, even what they have will be taken away.
That is why I speak to them in parables, because they look but they do not see. They hear but they do not listen or understand.”
Thoughts: (Read all. Ponder the ones that attract you.)
- The human mind cannot grasp the mysteries of the Kingdom.
- Only the human heart, by surrendering to God, can understand the Kingdom.
- The Disciples give their heart to the Kingdom. They receive much and are able to receive more.
- The wise and the prudent hold on to their hearts. They receive little and stand in danger of losing everything.
- The parables are perfectly clear to those who give their hearts.
- They cannot to be understood by those who refuse.
Affections: (When one touches your heart, use your own words.)
- O Jesus, I will be your disciple, able to receive your revelation.
- Teach me abandonment. If I surrender, I will understand.
- O Jesus, reveal your love, your closeness and your care. These are the mysteries of your Kingdom.
- Let me grow rich in your Kingdom.
- O Jesus, if I close my heart to you, I will lose everything.
- O Jesus, in these parables I meet you, heart to heart.
Resolutions 🙁Possibly you might want to make your own.)
- I will give my heart to Jesus.
- I will take each parable to heart, searching out its meaning.
Thought for the Day: (To recall your meditation)
To anyone who has more, more will be given and he will grow rich.