Prayer: O Jesus, I must accept your Kingdom like a little child.
Imagination: (Picture Jesus surrounded by children and the disciples.)
After teaching on the permanency of marriage, Jesus welcomes children
(the purpose of marriage). When the disciples hinder them, Jesus grows
angry because a vital principal is at stake (infant Baptism).
Only Jesus decides who is worthy of the Kingdom.
No one else must hinder them.
Gospel Text: (Read slowly, possibly aloud.)
People were bringing children to Jesus so he might touch them but the disciples
scolded them for doing this. Jesus became indignant and said, “Let the little children
come to me and do not forbid them. For such is the Kingdom of God.”
Amen I say to you, whoever does not receive the Kingdom of God as a
little child shall not enter it. Then he embraced them and blessed them,
laying his hands upon them.
Thoughts: (Read all. Ponder those that attract you.)
- The parents realize all the blessings that Jesus can give, and want their children to receive.
- The disciples do not understand the Kingdom. All are welcome.
- Jesus becomes indignant. For all to enter the Kingdom is his constant concern.
- He speaks from his heart, “Let the little children come to me.”
- This is your invitation. Jesus speaks to you.
- Set aside your adult sophistication. You need a heavenly Father, just like everyone else.
- Go to Jesus. He will embrace you and you will be blessed as never before.
Affections: (When one touches your heart, use your own words.)
- Jesus, your blessings flow freely and are easily received.
- O Lord, let nothing hinder me. Sweep away all obstacles that stand between us.
- You speak to me. You say “Let them come”.
- You are like a king who wants his people to enter his palace.
- O Jesus, I need you. I need your presence. I need your help.
- Take me in your arms. Your hands are wounded and your arms are bloody – all for love of me.
Resolutions: (Possibly you might want to make your own.)
- Today, I will seek Jesus’ presence.
- I will remove any obstacles that keep me from Jesus.
Thought for the Day: (To recall your meditation)
He embraced them and blessed them.