Come, Holy Spirit. Inspire your prayer in my heart.
(Picture Mary praising God in Elizabeth’s presence)
Mary knows the Old Testament song of Hannah, mother of Samuel (1Sam 2:1-10). Hannah rejoiced that she conceived by God’s power after years of hopelessness. Mary enters into an even greater joy of conceiving God made man.
Gospel Text: (Read slowly, possibly aloud.)
Thoughts: (Read all. Ponder those that attract you.)
- Mary is immersed in the greatest of all mysteries.
- The angel told her the mystery and Elizabeth further explained it.
- In her mystical vision, Mary sees herself guiding all of history.
- Mary prophesies about the Kingdom. The rich will become poor and the poor, rich. The powerful will grow helpless and the little ones gain strength.
- Mary is the center of this total, worldwide upheaval.
- Each generation will enjoy Mary’s favors, but only when they call her “blessed.”
Affections: (When one touches your heart, use your own words)
- You, Mary are the easy way, the short way, the sure way into the Kingdom.
- Guide my steps. Enlighten my mind. You always safeguard the little ones.
- O Mary, flood my heart with God’s favors.
- Let me be poor, little, empty and hungry in this life, so I can be blessed in the age to come.
- Mary, share with me your mystical visions. Let me see the Kingdom, and all that God is doing.
Resolutions: (Possibly you might want to make your own.)
+ I will renew my devotion to Mary.
+ I will read St. Louis de Montfort’s book “True Devotion to Our Blessed Mother.”