O Jesus, when I help the needy, I help you. Show me this mystery.
Picture Jesus teaching His disciples to care for each other.
Jesus praises those who show hospitality. But there is much more. A great mystery exists. When helping someone who preaches or believes the gospel, you help Jesus.
Gospel Text: (Read slowly, possibly aloud.)
Thoughts: (Read all. Ponder the ones that attract you.)
- Disciples, prophets and holy people serve the church and earn a reward.
- By helping them, you receive the same reward.
- In fact, you welcome Jesus himself.
- A cup of cold water means giving good example. The little ones mean new disciples.
- These, especially, need your help and gain you a reward.
- Jesus moves to other villages. He must preach to everyone.
Affections: (When one touches your heart, use your own words.)
- O Jesus, I will help those who serve your Kingdom.
- You will reward me as you reward them.
- Even you, Jesus, are blessed when I bless them.
- Send me to others, so all can be blessed.
- O Jesus, you scatter rewards everywhere. Both the giver and the receiver gain your heavenly riches.
- Nothing escapes your eye, O Lord. You reward even my cup of cold water.
- Give me your zeal. Let me search for others to teach.
Resolutions: (Possibly you might want to make your own.)
+ I will welcome those who come in Jesus’ name.
+ I will search out people who need God’s word.
Thought for the Day: (To recall your meditation.)
Amen. I say to you, he shall not lose his reward.