Come, Holy Ghost. Help me to seek first the Kingdom of heaven.
Picture Jesus teaching His disciples about the Father’s care for them.
Having told the disciples not to store up earthly treasures, Jesus responds to their questions about gaining the necessities of life.
Gospel Text: (Read slowly, possibly aloud.)
Thoughts: (Read all. Ponder the ones that attract you.)
- To worry about food, drink and clothing is quite normal. Everyone does this.
- Jesus explains that the Heavenly Father knows and cares about the disciples’ human needs.
- Disciples are different, they must have a total faith in God’s Providence.
- The disciple must seek first the Kingdom. Then he will have all the food, drink and clothing that God will provide.
- The disciple must never worry about a tomorrow (which never comes). The Father provides what is needed for each day.
Affections: (When one touches your heart, use your own words.)
- Jesus, when I have little faith, I am anxious. When I have great faith, I am at peace.
- Lord, give me great faith. Give me others who believe.
- Jesus, calm my inner anxieties.
- Father, why do I not trust you? Did you not create me? Will you not provide?
- Jesus, your guidance is clear. I must seek first your Kingdom.
- Jesus, make me a child. To trust. To live one day at a time. To believe that God will give me my daily bread.
Resolutions: (Possibly you might want to make your own.)
+ Do I seek first God’s Kingdom? That is my question today.
+ I will place greater trust in my Heavenly Father.
Thought for the Day: (To recall your meditation.)
Your Heavenly Father knows that you need all of these.