O Jesus, hold me tight. Never let me go.
Picture Jesus teaching the crowds.
In the debate with Jesus, the crowd talks about the great sign of manna. In the desert, God promised Moses that he would send “bread from heaven” (Ex. 16:4). Jesus explains that the manna came from his Father.
Gospel Text: (Read slowly, possibly aloud.)
Thoughts: (Read all. Ponder the ones that attract you.)
- In the desert, the Father gave earthly food which sustained human life for a short time.
- Now, the Father will give his Son (the Word made Flesh) which sustains us forever.
- Although the crowd asks for this heavenly bread, they do not understand the gift.
- First, they must believe in Jesus and come to him.
- To whomever comes, Jesus gives everlasting life. This is the Father’s plan.
Affections: (When one touches your heart, use your own words.)
- Jesus, you provide for every need.
- Father, I hunger for the true bread.
- Father, your greatest gift is your only-begotten Son.
- Jesus, you are the bread of life. I seek nothing else.
- O Jesus, I believe that you hold me in your hands.
- Call me and I will come. Keep me and I will never wander.
Resolutions: (Possibly you might want to make your own.)
+ I will not delay any longer. This day, I will come to Jesus.
+ I will let him hold me. I will not walk away from his grasp.
Thought for the Day: (To recall your meditation.)
“I will lose nothing but will raise him up on the last day.”