O Jesus, thank you for the Holy Spirit who teaches me all truth.
Picture Jesus with the apostles at the Last Supper.
Jesus describes the two goals which the Spirit will accomplish among the disciples (the Church). First, He will extend Jesus’ revelation, going beyond what Jesus was able to teach in his short lifetime. Second, the Spirit will explain those teachings which Jesus did say but were not comprehended by the disciples.
Gospel Text: (Read slowly, possibly aloud.)
Thoughts: (Read all. Ponder the ones that attract you.)
- In this final hour, Jesus reveals some special truths. After his Resurrection, He will reveal even more.
- However, the full revelation will come only from the Holy Spirit who will explain the mystery of Jesus.
- The source of these mysteries is the eternal Father, who sends both the Son and the Spirit.
- The Spirit gathers up all these truths about the Father and Jesus, and reveals them.
- He reveals them to multiply Jesus’ glory within us.
Affections: (When one touches your heart, use your own words.)
- O Spirit, reveal these mysteries to me. Then, Jesus will capture my heart.
- You reveal “what is coming,” so I can know what to do with my life.
- Teach me “all truth.” Let me be a quick learner.
- Reveal Jesus to me. Reveal all of his glory, all of his power, all of his love.
- O Spirit, taught by you, I will glorify Jesus.
- O Trinity, Father, Son and Spirit, You are always at work on my behalf.
Resolutions: (Possibly you might want to make your own.)
+ I will have a special devotion to the Spirit of Jesus.
+ Today, I will seek the Spirit’s help for all my decisions.
Thought for the Day: (To recall your meditation.)
When the Spirit comes, He will teach you all truth.