Come, Holy Spirit. Explain to me the mysteries of Jesus.
Picture Jesus with the apostles at the Last Supper.
Jesus admits that he is using figures of speech which the disciples do not understand. You, the reader, understand them clearly because you know that Jesus rose from the dead. Not having experienced the Resurrection as yet, the disciples find these images difficult to grasp. So, Jesus speaks more plainly.
Gospel Text: (Read slowly, possibly aloud.)
Thoughts: (Read all. Ponder the ones that attract you.)
- Jesus has spoken clearly to the apostles. All the mysteries have been revealed.
- However, the disciples do not understand because Jesus has not yet risen.
- After the resurrection, they understand everything.
- Therefore, the Father loves them and will grant all their requests.
- They see the whole mystery – Jesus coming from the Father and returning to the Father.
Affections: (When one touches your heart, use your own words.)
- O Jesus, I thank you that I was born after you came into the world.
- Now, I understand all the mysteries.
- I am a child of the Father, an heir of the Kingdom, a member of Christ’s Body.
- O Father, I speak to you as your child and I ask you to give me eternal life.
- O Jesus, I love you and believe that you came from the Father.
- Now, you have gone ahead. You await me, Jesus. I am coming. Only death separates us.
Resolutions: (Possibly you might want to make your own.)
+ I will meditate on the great privilege of being born after Jesus Christ lived on this earth.
+ I will never endanger my inheritance by sinful choices.