O Jesus, I will testify to the whole world about you.
Picture Jesus teaching the apostles at the Last Supper.
Two powers will confront the world’s hatred – the Spirit’s powerful testimony and the Church’s doctrines, based on Jesus’ own teachings. In spite of this clear light, the world will still kill the disciples.
Gospel Text: (Read slowly, possibly aloud.)
Thoughts: (Read all. Ponder the ones that attract you.)
- Jesus has already spoken the Father’s word. Now, the Paraclete, the Spirit of Truth, will also speak the Father’s word.
- The Spirit will speak within the hearts of the disciples.
- With the Spirit’s help, the disciples will speak to the whole world about Jesus.
- The result will be exactly the same. Like Jesus, the disciples will be hated, rejected and even killed.
- As always, the problem is the same. The world has not known the Father.
- Because of this blindness, they did not accept Jesus and they will not accept Jesus’ disciples.
Affections: (When one touches your heart, use your own words.)
- O Holy Spirit, Jesus has sent you to me.
- O, Holy Spirit, tell me about Jesus.
- Dwell in my heart. I will be quiet and listen to your testimony.
- O Jesus, I will not be silent. I will speak about you to everyone.
- Thank you, Jesus, for warning me about how others will treat me.
- O Jesus, I will tell the whole world. Some will listen and be saved.
Resolutions: (Possibly you might want to make your own.)
+ I will set aside time for prayer, so the Spirit can teach me.
+ I will be a faithful witness to Jesus.