Prayer – O Lord, open my eyes to see the true path of devotion.
Imagination – (Picture Jesus speaking with his disciples.)
Jesus continues to instruct his disciples. They are blind and if they do not listen to him they will remain blind. Even worse, they will be blind to their own gigantic faults, while trying to remove faults in others.
Gospel Text: (Read slowly, possibly aloud).
Jesus spoke to his disciples in images. Can a blind man guide a blind man? Will they both not fall into a ditch? The disciple is not above his master but he will be perfect if he becomes like his master.
Why look at the splinter in your brother’s eye and miss the plank in your own? How can you say, “Brother, let me remove the splinter in your eye, and you do not see the plank in your own. Hypocrite, cast out first the plank in your own eye. Then you shall see clearly how to remove the splinter in your brother’s eye.”
Thoughts: (Read all. Ponder the ones that attract you.)
- Without Jesus, we are all blind.
- We join with others who are also blind. Then, we wonder why we stray from Jesus’ path and fall into the pit.
- We are blind to our great faults and act as if we had none.
- To heal our blindness, we must listen to Jesus. Then, we will have his light.
- He will remove our faults so we can see perfectly. The plank will be out of our eye.
Affections. (When one touches your heart, use your own words.)
- Jesus, I am blind. I do not see. I do not understand. I choose poorly.
- Pour your light into my soul.
- If I listen to your words, I will become like you. Give me light and I will always choose the Kingdom.
- What gigantic planks I have in my eye. Remove them all, Jesus.
- When I see, I will help others and we will all see you.
- O Jesus, my days of being blind are over! Thank you.
Resolutions: (Possibly you might want to make your own.)
- All during this day, I will ask for Jesus’ light in every decision.
- I will realize my own blindness.
Thought for the Day: (To recall your meditation)
The disciple will be perfect when he becomes like his master.