O Jesus, help me when the storms of life become too strong.
Picture Jesus approaching the disciples’ boat.
Multiplying food is a powerful miracle but walking on the sea is even greater. Jesus is much more than a miracle-worker. He is God and has power over the sea.
Gospel Text: (Read slowly, possibly aloud.)
Thoughts: (Read all. Ponder those that attract you.)
- The disciples make a mistake. They try to cross the sea without Jesus.
- They think that they can overcome the darkness and the wind.
- The conditions are too much. They find themselves miles from shore and helpless.
- Suddenly, Jesus appears and chooses to approach their boat.
- Why do they grow afraid? Because they do not know who it is.
- “I am” says Jesus. The Father spoke those same words to Moses.
- The disciples want to take Jesus into their boat.
- God works yet another miracle. The boat arrives safely with Jesus at their side.
Affections: (When one touches your heart, use your own words.)
- Jesus, do not let me face my trials without you.
- If I use only my own talents, I will always fail.
- With your power, I will always succeed.
- O Jesus, how difficult life can be.
- Come to me, Jesus. The waves are very high.
- You are “I Am.” You always existed. You created me.
- Suddenly, I will reach the shore. Life will be over and I will be in heaven.
- Stay with me, Jesus. It is night.
Resolutions: (Possibly you might want to make your own.)
+ I will never trust my own strength.
+ I will ask Jesus to accompany me.
Thought for the Day: (To recall your meditation.)
They saw Jesus walking on the sea toward them.