O Jesus, help me to be ready to recognize the signs of your triumphant return.
Picture the signs in the moon and the stars and what they tell us.
As in prior readings during this time of the Liturgical year, we listen to the prophecies and the inevitable return of Jesus Christ. Jesus points out the massive changes in our sun, moon, stars and earth, and warns us of the fear that will come to unprepared hearts. He tells us to be courageous, humble and grateful for His triumphant return.
Gospel Text: (Read slowly, possibly aloud.)
Thoughts: (Read all. Ponder the ones that attract you.)
- Jesus describes the events that will occur at the end of this age and the tribulation experienced by humankind at the signs.
- Jesus will return. That is His word and His promise.
- Jesus will come with power and glory.
- His coming ends the present world and begins the new one.
Affections: (When one touches your heart, use your own words.)
- Jesus, I want to see you coming with power and great glory!
- I will stand tall, lift up my head and acknowledge you as King and Lord.
- O Jesus, help me to live now – in the present – as you want to find me upon your return.
Resolution: (Possibly you might want to make your own).
+ O Jesus, I will not be afraid of your coming.
+ I will wait, pray and watch for the signs of your glorious return.
+ O Jesus, I will trust in your promises and love.
Thought for the Day: (To recall your meditation.)
Watch and Pray. Jesus’ final Triumph is near at hand.